Grades 1 through 4 (Units A & B) comprise our primary and elementary school.
These school years are a time of foundational learning, creative play and establishing a life-long love of education. Skills build and strengthen in core areas of reading, writing and math. Through religion, social studies and science, students explore faith, community, the country and our world.
A student in primary or elementary school may be…
- learning art based on the works of Van Gogh and Kandinsky;
- learning to play piano or the flute;
- mastering map skills and learning about citizenship;
- studying both French and Spanish;
- on a field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry to study extreme weather or simple machines.
There are multiple points of contact in these early years. Classroom teachers, learning and resource specialists, and teacher aides work together to support instruction and mastery. Older “buddies”, small class sizes and our Unit System, create safe, nurturing environments. In addition, the home-school connection allows teachers and parents to stay bonded over their child’s achievements. Students move around the school for specials, maintain HERO (Have-Everything-Ready-and-Organized) binders and exercise early executive functioning.
Curriculum Highlights >