Through summer enrichment, students at St. A’s are able to practice what they’ve learned throughout the school year. Ways our community and teachers contribute include:
- Evanston Public Library in conjunction with the City of Evanston hosts an annual summer reading program. Children log hours to win prizes and awards for reading goals.
- Students from K-8 leave for the summer with book recommendations and supplemental enrichment in core subjects.
- For kindergarten and grades 1-3, teachers offer weekly reading groups for children who wish to spend an hour per week in guided reading with classmates. A craft or play-based activity typically concludes these sessions. This is a nice time for new student introductions before the year begins, and for friends to stay connected.
- Teachers offer one-on-one tutoring and enrichment from June to August to help students bridge to the next grade level; combat summer slide; develop study skills; and grow in other areas of executive functioning.
- St. A’s typically hosts an independent Sports Camp on our campus during the summer months.
- Information is shared with school families for local skill building camps and programs.
- Totus Tuus, a faith based camp, is available on our campus through St. A’s parish.