When our students and families enter their capstone year at St. Athanasius, a variety of beloved traditions await them.
Lovingly hosted and planned for by parents of the graduating class, these eighth grade events celebrate camaraderie and the enduring friendships made.
- Back-to-School Beach Party — Pizza social kicks off the year (August)
- Fall Dance — Students celebrate Halloween and the fall season (October)
- Poinsettia Sale — Eighth graders coordinate the Parish’s annual flower sale in conjunction with 10,000 Villages Christmas Bazaar (December)
- Cocktail Party — Parents and students gather after the Christmas show to celebrate the holiday season together (December)
- Bowling — A post-Christmas student social to catch up after winter break (January)
- 8th Grade Service Project — A class-chosen philanthropic project; proceeds enhance the year of activities (January-June)
- 8th Grade Play — Students write and perform an original play to present to the community, one of the most memorable St. A’s activities! (May)
- May Crowning Luncheon — Informal lunch followed by a social activity
- Pre-Graduation Luncheon — Picnic lunch to share yearbooks and rehearse for the graduation ceremony (June)
- Graduation Dance — A students-only formal prior to graduation (June)